The tradition of Sunday afternoon musicales continues as the spirited ArtsAhimsa ensemble returns for its eighth season with chamber works and song from the world of Antonín Dvořák, his contemporaries, and students. Organized by violinist Laura Jean Goldberg, the performance features seasoned musicians as well as young talents from leading music conservatories. The repertoire will include:
- Brahms Sonata for Piano and Clarinet in E flat Major, Opus 120, no. 2 performed by MATIMA, Maiko Sasaki and Makiko Hirata
- Dvořák’s String Quintet in G Major, Opus 77, arranged for cello quintet performed by Laura Bossert, Terry King, Rebecca Phillips, Emily Lane, and Egor Antonenko
- Vocal selections by composer/baritone Harry T. Burleigh performed by Marti Newland and Moshe Knoll
- Guitar selections of Brahms and Duke Ellington performed by Tali Roth
- Vocal selections of Dvořák performed by Gilad Paz and Anna Royzman
- Selection from a Dvořák's String Quartet performed by students from The Juilliard School pre-college division.
Pay at door General Admission $20; Seniors, Students, Czech Center Club Members $10.
Supported by Bohemian Benevolent & Literary Association