Antonín Dvořák’s popular Humoresques and instrumental variations on “Goin’ Home” plus the beloved Piano Quintet in A Major will be performed by Juilliard's Traveling Sounds chamber music ensemble and other outstanding musicians. Also featured:
- Melodia Women’s Choir in an all-female sung version of the Largo from Dvořák’s "New World" Symphony
- Juilliard pianist and tenor Ruobing Zhang playing selected Humoresques and singing “Goin Home
- The Borough of Manhattan Community College Select Chorus in an original arrangement of“Goin’ Home” by Eunho Kim
- Juilliard cellist Yu Yu Liu in a cello arrangement of “Goin’ Home”
- Young musicians from Juilliard playing the first movement of Dvořák’s String Quartet
- Readings from Josef Kovařik’s Three Years with the Maestro: An American Remembers Antonín Dvořák by actor Vit Hořejš and Majda Kallab Whitaker of DAHA
Free Admission. Reservations required. Please click here to RSVP.
Presented by the Dvořák American Heritage Association in collaboration with the New York Philharmonic “New World Initiative,” Czech Center New York, and the Consulate General of the Czech Republic.
Supported by the Bohemian Benevolent & Literary Association.
DAHA Performance Ensemble organized by violinist Laura Jean Goldberg. Traveling Sounds musicians supported by Noree Performing Arts.
Juilliard's Traveling Sounds chamber music ensemble. Photo credit: Katherine Kyu Hyeon Lim
Photo Credit: DAHA Archive.